Tuesday, July 20, 2010

millcreek adventure.

Jared and I almost always have Mondays off from work together. So, since we both work weekends, that's our day together. We had a late start to the day, but decided to venture up Millcreek Canyon which is only about 15 minutes from our place. Roughly 9 miles up the canyon is the trailhead for Bigwater Trail which leads to Dog lake. The canyon is full of tall pines and aspen, just beautiful. Not far into our adventure, we both were flailing our arms around us and swatting our arms, legs, faces, trying to rid ourselves of flies! Both of us, were surrounded in a cloud of flies for the majority of the hike. Awful. If we didn't swat them in time, they gave a terrible bite, too! I had little bloody bites on me and was itching horribly. My favorite was when a fly would land directly on my eyeball. Awesome. Poor Jared listened to me groan and fuss the whole hike. It was very difficult to enjoy the gorgeous view. When we reached Dog Lake, we received some relief from the attackers. Then, on the way down, didn't have quite as much fly irritation (we think, because we were moving faster). Moral of the story, always carry a bug zapper on hikes.


Jared had custody of the camera for the day and got some fun shots...








I had a little chat with this guy. He went crazy! I don't think he liked me.



In Dog Lake... there were 3 tiny ducklings, I was very concerned for them since Momma was obviously nowhere to be seen. Tried tossing them some granola bar but they were too scared to come close. Hope they survive!


No comments:

Post a Comment