Thursday, September 23, 2010

the judds.

So... I've mentioned in prior posts that I love music. I do. A lot. It was ingrained in me as a little child. And I have to say, that I think I was exposed to some pretty great musicians. As the youngest of six children, and wanting to be exactly like all of them, I listened to near everything I heard my siblings listening to. I even recall going into my brother's bedroom, and allowing them to transform my bum-length hair into what I saw on their Bob Marley poster on the wall (I don't think they got very far, thanks Mom). To say the least, music was a huge part of our home. I can say that I appreciate music from many genres, but I now rarely listen to country. I really only listen to country music from past generations, like, Johnny Cash, for example. But one country duo I LOVE, doesn't necessarily fall under the Johnny Cash umbrella, so I'm a little surprised that I'm still as in love with them as I once was as a child. The Judds continue to rock my world. My sisters and mother and I all love them, and I was raised on them. Naomi and Wynonna are making their final rounds this tour, and we're going!!! Unfortunately Trevlyn, my oldest sister, can't make it up to Utah for the concert, but the momma can, and I'm stoked, to say the least. Jared and I will be going with my momma and sister, Dori, can't wait! This song, She is his only need, is a favorite, for sure. And I am guaranteed to cry, every time I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment