Sunday, September 12, 2010

sunday dinner.

Another beautiful SLC day... and a wonderful day at church (I cherish those days considering I work so many Sundays). I will admit, however, that while sitting in church, for a short while, I was trying to plan out what to make for Sunday dinner. We have very little groceries right now, so this is what I came up with.




2 grilled chicken breasts, diced
6-8 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
16 oz pasta of choice, cooked

heat 4 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick saucepan and add:
1-2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon sage
3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
whisk in 2-3 tablespoons flour to thicken

Now mix cooked pasta, diced chicken, and bacon crumbles into the sauce. stir well. scarf.

Jared loved it, as did I. Let's be honest, anything with bacon and sour cream is good. Jared's out cold now... hence my immediate blog. Now I'm trying to entertain myself while listening to our upstairs neighbor play "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys, over, and over on the piano. I do love that song, a lot, actually. But... I kinda wish I could turn it off.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment