Friday, June 17, 2011

road trippin.

first, an update on my boy... kirby passed away wednesday morning. I still don't want to talk about it with anyone because I break down every time I do. thank you so much for everyone's sweet prayers and kindness. I will be taking a last minute and much needed trip to AZ to see my dear family. the passing of our sweet boy definitely stirred up any desires to visit since I hadn't been home in so long.. I only regret not going home sooner.

second, jared and I had a fantastic road trip to WA and OR. we visited his family for his little sister's wedding and it was wonderful getting to see everyone. we had a great time and wish we could see everyone there more often. while in WA, cousin Ben convinced us to take a little detour home and spend an extra couple of days visiting our oregon family. I am so glad we did. some of my most significant childhood memories are our oregon summer vacations - - i LOVE oregon. we spent some fantastic time with family and were spoiled enough to stay at ben & amber's fabulous new home! we were awful taking photos and failed to take any with jared's family or with ben & amber... but here are some that we did capture..

cousins. we loved meeting emily & matt's darling little baby K!











these things were ridiculous. my favorite: maple bacon bar.






enjoying lunch along the waterfront in downtown portland.


coconut soup.




reflection in a store window.








4 comments:

  1. I love you so much!! Your short visit was only a tease... now I miss you more!! Still sending love and prayers to all of you regarding the sweet boy! I cried my eyes out with your mom. Hang in there. Love you lots beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about Kirby.

    I am however very happy that we were able to see you and spend some time together. It's always wonderful to be around you and Jared and we were glad you were able to spend some time at our house! Enjoy your much needed time with your family.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I have been meaning to tell you... I just have a regular blender - an Ostler I believe. I takes a minute for it to grind up all the spinach, but eventually it gets there! I WISH I had a Vitamix!!!

    ReplyDelete