Monday, November 22, 2010

pumpkin pasta.


I took a trip to one of my favorite places today, World Market. My momma took me there often growing up, but back then it was called Cost Plus. I still have a hard time calling it anything but that. If you haven't been, go. Amazing food, jewelry, bags, housewares... everything very unique. Today I found the above pumpkin pasta sauce and immediately thought of a recent recipe I saw on thekitchn.com . I didn't look at the recipe again once I got home, but whipped up a little something similar.

My tummy has been feeling icky lately and nothing sounds super appetizing... so, the few bites I had I did enjoy, but it's definitely a strong flavor. The only thing I would change would be doubling the mushrooms, they're so yummy. Jared's at work now... let's hope he approves when he gets home tonight.

Ingredients:
1 box pasta of choice
mushrooms (cooked separately)
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 1/2-2 cups pumpkin pasta sauce
basil (I think I used about 1 teaspoon? maybe more..)
pecan pieces sprinkled on top

Just throw that all together. Not too tricky :)


No comments:

Post a Comment