Monday, March 28, 2011

kitten cat. birthday festivities.


meet Savvy. the newest member of our little family. Savvy is our little 6 month old rescue kitty from the Humane Society. there were some gorgeous little kittens being given away in the classifieds, but this little girl needed a home, and I couldn't leave her in her sad little cage. my birthday was yesterday, and Jared's is coming up soon, so she is our little birthday gift. this is my first kitty... I've always been a dog person... but am slowly adjusting. how could I say no to this precious little girl... ?



then Jared took me out for a wonderful birthday dinner at The Copper Onion, downtown. it has some of the most fantastic food!




lemon & thyme ricotta dumplings. ridiculous.



best beef stroganoff on the planet.




he's handsome.



then yesterday, sweet Dori had us over for a birthday dinner for me. so gracious and SO yummy. growing up Mom always prepared a St. Patty's dinner with corned beef, cabbage, irish soda bread, etc. we always loved it. so Dori prepared that yesterday. so good!!



Dori's darling place.




Jared, Penelope, & Savvy enjoying Alice in Wonderland.




chef Dori.




mmmmm.




for dessert, The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford. Dori made, per my request. best birthday cake ever...



 
thank you Dori! we had a blast. it was a fabulous birthday weekend..


No comments:

Post a Comment