Sunday, March 6, 2011

sniffles and moving.

sick, still so sick.. it's getting SO OLD too. my nose is raw and I can't seem to stop coughing. but, I did have my wonderful parents here in town from Phoenix and it was great to get to see them and spend time with family. Jared and I are moving, just a few miles away to another apartment. nothin special, but we're excited to be in a new place. I recently told my sweet Aunt Deborah that I thought this would be about my fifteenth home in Utah, I was off by a few (sorry Deb), I just counted.. and this will be home number twelve. you'd think since I hate moving so much that I would avoid it... but no.

I will miss our current apartment and its darling charm. I will miss the cozy breakfast nook, the built-in ice box, the adorable bathroom floor tiles, the kitchen parlor door... and... that's about all I will miss! darling, darling place.. but we're ready to move! there is such an appeal to hardwood floors, IF they are maintained well. so I will not miss the awful wood floors and am THRILLED to be moving my toes to nice, new carpet.

I am not quite to the packing stage of this move... should probably get there soon. Jared and I keep going to the new apartment and just looking around, planning what will go where. it's a small place, so perfect furniture arrangement is a must. I have become the queen of blueprints, drawing out various plans and seeing what will work best. I have also spent far too much time looking for dreamy yummy furniture to go in it. that's not happening... but I can always look for fun!

here are some gorgeous pieces for you to start drooling with me...
I would actually buy this first one... in fact, we probably NEED it in our place, right?...
print found via here













previous 4 found at Anthro



















previous 6 photos found via Urban Outfitters

bed found via Alice Lane




previous 2 found via West Elm

No comments:

Post a Comment