Thursday, April 21, 2011

show and tell.


I have had this very old frame-saw for about a year now and haven't really liked how I had it before (photo here) so I repurposed it in our new place. we needed somewhere to hang coats & jackets by the front door but I didn't just want plain hooks on the wall. so, here is my solution. I'm loving it.



first, I put this piece of old ikea fabric on the wall, the same size as the frame-saw...

then, I hung the frame-saw over it, and hung these hooks.. tah-dah!



this would look just as great with just a simple frame, in fact, Jared would probably prefer that... he's not a fan of me hanging this rusty old saw on the wall and I don't blame him. maybe I'll just make sure that it's really securely hung when there are little ones running around!

5 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!! What a great idea missy! Can you take the saw part off somehow? Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! Great idea and do much better than the regular hook. You're so talented!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so clever Christie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a genius! I really like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete