Wednesday, February 2, 2011

burrrcold.

last night while Jared was homeworking, I was struggling to stay awake on the couch after work. I was freezing under a blanket, and realized that our radiators weren't coming on. I was about to ask Jared to text our building manager to ask him if there was something wrong with the radiators when Jared said he had a text from him already saying that they were broken. amazing.







so, today I am suddenly more grateful for the following items:

down coats.
steaming apple cider.
gloves.
ugly boots. (people who witness them in public, don't judge, I know perfectly well they're hideous... but they're warm!)
down comforters.
cuddle buddies. aka my husband.
hoodies.
hot hazelnut cocoa. with mallows.
sweatpants.
ovens. (I left the door open after making black bean, cilantro nachos.)
hot showers. heavenly.
hot water bottles. if only we had one.
electric blankets. again, if only we had one.
beanies.
anything wool.


at 3 pm this afternoon our place was only 54 degrees and now I think it's up to 62. even now, as I type, I am wearing my fingerless, army green, wool gloves from an army surplus store. so add them to the list. oh.. the joys of living in a historic building..

No comments:

Post a Comment