Saturday, August 14, 2010

friday I'm in love.

When Jared is working, and I'm rollin solo at our place. I get so bored. Thus, a few pictures.

First, my new Anthropologie shoes. Let me just show them off a little... because, I love them.



around the apartment...





I picked up almost 3 lbs of peaches at the store. Still waiting to find the right recipe to make with these. If anyone has a recipe for a rich, creamy, peachy heavenly goodness.. let me know!


mr. hooters, the guardian of the spice cabinet.



stovetop collection. salt and pepper squirrels, second hand, wooden pepper grinder from mom (thanks mom!), and my Anthro container that holds kosher salt (thanks Trevlyn!)




dinner.





original idea for this meal came from my brother and his wife, Andy and Annette. their recipe found via. we do this often, and I just throw in whatever I want! add a little kosher salt, olive oil, and my favorite, monterey chicken seasoning.






baking cookies from left over dough kept in the fridge. can't beat that.




I stopped at the Gateway Mall today to pick up soaps. Jared loves Bath & Body Works soaps. I can handle that. Somehow wandered into Anthropologie. Don't know how... Last time Jared and I were there together, he showed me a monogrammed mug that he loved and thought we needed. We convinced ourselves we didn't "need" it. Well, I spotted it this time, without him and decided to surprise him with it after he got home from work. The darling checkout girl (she recognizes me... that's not a good sign) gave me a gift box and a little envelope that she said contained wrapping decor. I'm sure they give it to everyone, but I felt special...
I picked up Good & Plenty's (one of his faves) from the store and filled the mug with candy before wrapping it.


how darling is this?!




surprise! he saw the present on the bed, looked at me and asked if this was a special day or anniversary that he spaced on. just an "i love you" gift, baby.

















so, how simple is this... basically felt circles strung onto a strip of canvas. would be so easy to make. I snagged it and looked for somewhere to put it. I'm now thinking I should probably make some more to use as a garland on our Christmas tree this year.


right next to the hanging yarn balls (the felt colors coordinate well with the yarn colors) and Jared's framed look alike, I put the felt circles around a lampshade. I wasn't totally serious when I put it around the lampshade, but I ended up thinking it was fun, so we'll see how long I keep it here.




yes? or no..





the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment