Wednesday, August 11, 2010

we love our family.

I had a couple days off of work and finally got to spend some time with the fam. I did miss out on a trip to the This is the Place Monument, which... I have never gone to. Guess I need to do that. I was super envious that everyone got to see horses while they were there. I LOVE horses. So much so, that I always ask (like a child), if I can pet them. When really, all I want to do is give them lots of kisses on their velvety noses. I love kissing horses. Gross? Get over it. It's wonderful. (again, thanks to Jared for taking the vast majority of these photos)




See? Dori's got the right idea. Must be in our blood.


My brother Andy and his wife, Annette, graciously hosted the out of town family at their home and made an amazing smoked pork dinner. YUM.

chef.



















Jared picked me up after a twelve hour shift and took me straight up Millcreek to meet up with the family. We roasted mallows and had a grand time.


the Knight ladies.







Trevlyn and Jake.


mallows. yes please.








dad.


hot mallow.






Dori, teaching the little ones to shoot mini mallows out of their nose. awesome.








The following day was spent in Utah County. Always an adventure! First, we went to BYU to go bowling. My nephews especially love BYU, so of course we needed to make a stop there.

Jared and I. When a mustache is part of your life, you notice them... everywhere.



I'm guessing he didn't get a strike on this one.





don't judge him. the bumpers were for the kids.


After bowling, we went to a family reunion in Orem. I met so many relatives that I've never met before and it was WONDERFUL. We are related to such awesome people. Not gonna lie... I think people are generally hesitant about family reunions, but this night was great. Thank you for fantastic memories everyone!


we're special.


water balloon festivities.






Dad and his father, D.O. (Dear Old Dad)



Next day... Onto our final destination of the family's trip... Lagoon! Jared and I were equipped with Dramamine, so... it was great!





the momma.




dad.














my mom, such a rockstar.





maybe sometimes I need cotton candy. thanks honey.





cute Owen, and that's my little cousin Thomas, behind him.
Thomas and his momma, Deborah, joined us for the day. We loved their company!







did I mention this was Dori's birthday?! happy birthday D.
















so tired.




back to Dori's for her birthday cupcakes.






thanks to my sweet family for making the long drive. as usual... wonderful seeing you. sure do love and miss you all. so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment