Tuesday, August 3, 2010

monday, monday.

As I typed the title "monday, monday" I immediately had this song come to my mind. So, before I go any further... please enjoy a little background Mamas & Papas while you see our photos. (Side note, I adore Cass Elliot of The Mamas & Papas. Cass is easily identified by her restless, dancing feet).



Monday was a wonderful day spent together. We so enjoy our walks around town and take them fairly seriously, all geared up with the backpack full of snacks and water bottles. Jared and I have a history of leaving for a "stroll" and not being back for many hours. We often walk and walk, wandering through charming SLC neighborhoods, only to realize that we still need to turn around and walk all the way home. Yesterday wasn't quite as long as usual, considering the heat was making me wimpy and a little weak. A great time, no doubt. Jared took many of the following pictures along our walk.


sunflower. one of Jared's favorites.
black eyed susans.
grapes!

apparently this chain linked fence got in the way of the tree.
we always stop to admire it whenever passing by.
makes me a little sad for the tree, may be silly, but it does.
lily.
thistle.

succulent. a rosette, I think. I love succulents, they're stunning.





We had a killer walk, great times, then hit up the dollar movies. I was very surprised to enjoy A-Team as much as I did! I recommend it.. Later, much later (2:30ish am), we were in our apartment. I was in bed, and Jared was getting ready for bed, and I could see through the blinds that there was quite a lightning storm going on. Jared went outside to roll up our slightly cracked car windows. When close to 10 minutes had passed, I was sure he was admiring the lightning. He came back inside to grab our camera and strongly suggested I get my bum out of bed to see the show. I jumped out and joined him. The lightning was beautiful, lighting up the sky. We have lots of buildings and high trees around our building, which make it difficult to see the sky very well, so we jumped in the car and drove a few minutes, up to Capitol Hill so we could get a better look. On the way up, we were trying to remember how to change the settings on our camera, to keep the shutter open for extended periods of time, to capture the lightning better. Of course, neither of us could remember... so, the pictures Jared got, took mad timing and skills. Props to you, husband.


Here is my favorite...


overlooking Memory Grove.

a few fun, random shots Jared scored while driving around.


(we have no clue why the temple is blue here, just turned out that way)


No comments:

Post a Comment