Saturday, May 7, 2011

mother's day.

(sister dori, niece tessa, myself, beautiful mom)

happy mother's day to all of you beautiful mothers! I consider myself one lucky girl to have such an incredible mother. I was not always (nor am I now) a perfect angel, and I always knew that my sweet mother would be there for me regardless of the situation. not long ago I came across the following quote by abraham lincoln, "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." the minute I read those words I was overwhelmed with emotion knowing the hundreds and hundreds of prayers my mother has offered on my behalf. how very grateful I am for her endless love and friendship. I love you, mom.

here are some of my favorite memories of my mother..

-doing my hair for me, and making it as big and fabulous as I asked her.
-letting me lick the beaters when she was baking.
-helping me with my homework after school in the kitchen.
-being my judge as I performed dives and hand stands in the pool, she always gave me a "10".
-teaching me the names of flowers in her beautiful garden.
-I remember giving my mom a kiss, and if it wasn't good enough (loud enough) I would request that she kiss me again and "give me a smooch"!
-swimming, swimming, swimming.....
-taking me to thrifty's drug store to get ice cream (mint'n'chip and black cherry, double scoop).
-letting me spray perfume samples all over myself at drug emporium.
-walking the dogs on the "2 miler" route in our neighborhood.
-she and my sister trevlyn bringing ducklings they found outside in the gutter and putting them in bed with me.
-running out to the front yard to catch stunning arizona sunsets.
-teaching me how to bake pies, cinnamon rolls, bread, and so many other MSK originals.
-going on desert hikes and enjoying beautiful arizona wildflowers.
-morning cuddles in bed.
-making me breakfast every morning, through high school. she spoiled me!
-hiking with me in sedona when I needed a hiking buddy.
-tickling my back as I lay in bed at night, singing my song of choice.

now some photos of my beautiful momma. happy mother's day mom!

mom & I at the Canby Rodeo on July 4th, 2010

aunt jody & mom enjoying the lavendar at the barn owl nursery in Wilsonville, OR


my three favorite women, aunt jody, aunt cindy, & the momma, on jody's porch


mom & I at a family vacation in Newport Beach

mom. this is one of my favorite photos of her, freezing, being such a trooper of a hiking buddy in Sedona. West Fork trail.



4 comments:

  1. I totally agree, you have one great mother. Here's a memory, playing that patting the back game... how many fingers do I hold up?? in Sun River!! And yes, she did get your bangs quite high!! I love you both so much. Happy Mother's Day Aunt Sue and a future one to you Miss Linny (which I can't wait for)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a beautiful woman. You are blessed to have one another!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom said: Wow, that was not only very sweet of you but also fun for me to hear your remembrances. I loved all of them also. Thanks sweet girl. 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I love all the memories and beautiful pictures! Hope your mother's day was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete