Tuesday, May 3, 2011

three tangent tuesday. home edition.

here we go again, another three tangent tuesday where I blog about 3 random things. today I chose to share a couple of things I've done in our place, and a lil recipe..


1. pillows.


over several months I picked up a bunch of anthropologie kitchen towels & place mats (on mad clearance) and have now finally made them into pillows. there are still many more that need to be done that I will likely put on our bed.











2. cavallini wrapping paper.

I recently discovered this wrapping paper on amazon and had to have some! here are the ones we purchased and framed in our home. totally affordable and gorgeous. check out the selection on :::amazon::: or on :::cavallini's site:::











3. brussels sprouts.



first, did you know that it's brussels sprouts, not brussel sprouts? weird. we made one of our favorite dishes last night. recipe found :::here::: next time I think I'll use craisins instead of dried apricots. but let's be honest, it's a million times better with bacon (instead of apricots) ... we just chose the healthier alternative last night. still fantastic.

















happy tuesday friends.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea w/ the kitchen towels turning them into pillows. Too bad I don't know how to sew ~ too cute. Maybe I can find someone who can help me! :) I was just there the other day and got a really really cute purple-ish mug to put in the kitchen and a pink knob for baby K's dresser. Too bad I 1) can't afford the clothes, and 2) wouldn't be able to fit into them anyways!! Love and miss you so so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. msk said: Loved that I got to see some of the pillows when I was there. They are so cute. I think I might have to try that recipe...bacon...hum, maybe just a little bit for flavor???

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the prints! they sell some in the BYU bookstore on the bottom floor for really cheap. but some they don't have so i'm so glad you shared the link.

    gotta try that recipe i think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pillows - athropologie saves lives.... it's true. And your wall hangings, they are to die for! You are so talented my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your darling design/decorating!

    have you been to a place called "details" in sugar house? they have super cute wrapping paper...like thick too...this post made me think of that :)

    cute cute!

    ReplyDelete